11/19/07

TV series Review: Firerfly

Please note that this is the first one of these I'm doing, so please tell me what I've done wrong.

Firefly. Before I saw the series, this name meant nothing to me. Ok, it was a bug, and I'd heard about a television series that had a huge following a while back, ets... Taking advice from the Escape Pod forum, I bought the series on DVD. I found out why "wow" does this series an injustice.
A combination of everything on earth - China, America, Western, Sci-fi, Wit, Serious moments, Comedy, Drama, Love, and everything else a succesful series needs. There was only two things missing then; money, and the huge fan base there is now. Since the days that Firefly was taken off the tube, not even finishing a concrete season, a gigantic fan base has developped. So much so, a movie was made two years ago.
Not bad, for a series that didn't last a year. Anyway, there's a sort of charm about television series that don't live very long... Something that allows them to live in the hearts of people in every continent, everywhere.
On a very interesting note, all the swearing in Firefly is in Cantanese: a direct translation in english of some of the words, and the network ( I think, NBC), would have thrown the show out by it's hair. Nevertheless, it's intersting to hear the languages mixed together in a way that goes to say that every normal, streetworthy person can speak Cantanese and English in the show's world. Heck, the show's universe.

I strongly recommend this show to anyone 16+, who likes Sci-Fi and/or westerns.

9/10

1 comment:

  1. i highly recommend playing internet poker at one of the many free poker sites first in order to hone your skills before you potentially lose all your money!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

More blogs about Brain Radiation.