5/15/07

Obsessions with technology

Is our society too technology obsessed? I mean, we have YouTube, iPod, Blackberry, the Internet... The list of different technologies that people are addicted to is endless. So, where do we draw the line? Where do we say, "stop!" to the money making dealers of technology that subliminally tries to convince us that we need it really badly, eventually making us dependant on these technologies. This brings up memories of the Reaserch in Motion crash a few weeks ago - it led to thousands of different blackberries not being able to e-mail, resulting in money loss.

Where do we draw the line on this?

3 comments:

  1. not meaning to offend you but what's wrong with technology? I'm no geek but I find technology fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find nothing wrong with technology, it's just that, sometimes we may rely on it too much.

    After all, I am using a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that technology is over used. I believe some people are addicted. (Like myself) It is not good. We may use it, but do not abuse it! I mean, people should learn to be able to sit in a room with friends and only communicate with the individuals in the room, instead of always texting others as well as talking to the people in the room. It is just...weird. Human nature is to be social, for one thing, I think. And texting from 5 feet away is not what I call being social. Neither is spending your entire day off on myspace (unless you are a sheltered child and you have no friends...or something like that...)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

More blogs about Brain Radiation.